My Books & Stories (Amazon Page)

Friday, July 29, 2011

Amazon Kindle Royalties

Yup, you read that right - Amazon Kindle Royalties!

I've got the check sitting right here beside me right now.

It's not an amazing amount, only $12.95 for the period February-April of this year, but it's my first royalty check ever for my fiction work. Someone out there's paid to read my stuff.

That is exciting and exhilarating and scary all at the same time.

It means that I have to create more stories for people to read because I can't make a living on this.

But maybe, just maybe, I've got a chance at this after all.

I started this endeavor earlier this year with a 5-year plan. I'm slightly behind schedule on that plan almost 8 months into it, but receiving this check today has bolstered my hopes and dreams once again. I'm a long way from the finish line of this plan and there's a lot of work, and a lot of learning, left to do yet.

Bit you know what they say - "Money talks, and bullshit walks."

Well, here's money talking. Amazon's been paid for my stories and now they're paying me as promised. I've made more sales since April so I know I'll be receiving more checks in the future.

This is no longer an experiment, no longer a plan, now it's a business.

It's time to get to work.

No comments: